Last Friday I was busy writing a post for my podcast blog, so I missed publishing another Links of Interest. Here’s to rectifying that omission:
- ThisPersonDoesNotExist.com presents you with a computer generated face every time you refresh. The result is stunning and creepy all at the same time. The Next Web has details about the technology behind it.
- My daughter recently received an Apple Pencil for her iPad, and I think I want to surprise her with this: The PaperLike Screen Protector protects your iPad’s screen while making it feel like writing/drawing on paper.
- GifRun.com lets you make animated GIFs from YouTube videos.
- Rotato is a Mac app for creating animated 3D mockups for your app designs.
- Whenever I’m building a custom interface for a client’s WordPress site, I often reach for Advanced Custom Fields. Check out this post on ACF Tips and Tricks to learn a couple of advanced usage tricks.
- Coda is a new “doc type” that works like an app. Blend tables and text together and create workspaces that grow and adapt to your use cases.
- Sigle is a decentralized blogging tool. It makes it easy to “write, save, share”. Here’s a link to this post on Sigle. The current state of the text editor is missing some features I’d like to see (e.g. keyboard shortcuts), but the overall implementation is very promising.
Today’s featured image is one I shot on my iPhone with the help of an Olloclip lens. It’s a macro of a semiconductor that I use promently on the home page of my recent redesign of Triad Semiconductor’s website.