I happened to look at Hacker News today, and I found so many interesting reads, I couldn’t stop opening new tabs. So, I thought I’d save them here for later and let you reap the benefits too.
- Mercedes-Benz will electrify its entire car lineup by 2022 – TechCrunch
Here’s the deal: Mercedes-Benz chief Dieter Zetsche said that the car maker will offer either hybrid or fully electric versions of its vehicles by 2022, adding up to a total of a minimum of 50 new electric model options by that time…This puts Mercedes-Benz in good company with other higher-end car manufacturers, including Volvo, which have committed to offering a fully electrified lineup by 2019, and Ford’s Lincoln luxury sub-brand has also set 2022 as the deadline for offering electric variants of each of its vehicle models.
- The Oldest Homo sapiens? Fossils from Morocco complicate the story of modern humans – Scientific American
- Compilers are the New Frameworks – tomdale.net
Increasingly, the bytes that get shipped to browsers will bear less and less resemblance to the source code that web developers write.
- Betting on the Web – Why I build Progressive Web Apps via Henrik Joreteg
- src2png via mplewis on Github – Turn your source code into beautiful syntax-highlighted images
- Robert Boyle’s Experimental Proof of the Possibility of the Resurrection
Alright, looking back at the above, it’s quite the hodgepodge. If you too found one or more of the above interesting, I’d love to know. Feel free to reply here or hit me up on Twitter.