I ended 2022 here on a bit of a streak, posting for five consecutive days and announcing the return of this blog after a couple year hiatus. Now heading into 2023, I’m taking a look back at my stats for 2022.
Top 5 Posts of 2022
Despite the fact that I didn’t post much on here in 2022, since this site has been around since 2014, it’s earned a good bit of “google juice”. I’ve got a lot of great “long tail” content on here that ranks well in searches. Therefore, I have quite a few posts that receive their fair share of highly targeted traffic. Here are my top performers for 2022:
- Thanks to me, your next Dunkin’ coffee will be just right (3,056 views) – originally published back in 2018, in this post I claim that, “After getting our orders wrong for months, I helped our local Dunkin’ fix a nationwide problem with their new ordering system.” Now based on some feedback I got over on Reddit, it may be dubious as to whether or not my claim is true, but whenever I return to my reporting, I keep coming back to the fact that the manager at my store confirmed my findings.
- HowTo: Restore Elementor’s “Default Kit” after accidentally deleting it (1,718 views) – this post is notable because in 2022 I gained clients in San Diego and San Francisco due to their googling and finding my solution to the problem.
- HowTo: Flip an SVG horizontally with CSS (1,237 views)
- HowTo: Align the last item to the bottom of an Elementor column (828 views)
- How to Clear Chrome Redirect Cache (231 views)
Overall, in 2022 this site received 7,590 Visitors and 9,189 Page Views. As a general rule, the more you post, the more search engine spiders will start taking notice and checking your site. This results in more organic traffic. If I continue posting frequently throughout 2023, it will be interesting to look back to this in 2024 to see the growth. Here’s to a good 2023 of blogging!